It’s official, I’m making an idea tracking web application. The site will eventually be found at the following URL: www.idealistz.com. There’s nothing there now, but there will be soon. I’ve also created the GitHub repo for it.
The app will serve as a repository for my daily ideas. I want it to be online with a React frontend (possibly an app too, using React Native) and .NET Core web API on the backend. This application has a lot of potential but I’ll definitely have to start small. I’ll eventually work up to the grand ambitions as the need arises or as I want to develop a feature for the fun/challenge of doing it. I’m excited about this application and I can’t wait to start putting the pieces together.
In the spirit of the Idealistz application, I made my list of ideas today about the features that I want to the application to have.
Idealistz Functionality Ideas
- Creation of an idea list. An idea list is what I do each day. I create an idea list about a subject. Start with this. If this functionality is developed the project will be a success in my book. My itch will have been scratched.
- Ability to mark ideas as favorites.
- Voting system for individual ideas and idealistz overall.
- Fork another users idea list subject so others could work with the same medium.
- Collaborative lists that can be shared across multiple users.
- Change log tracking. Any time an item is modified the previous version gets logged and can be retrieved.
- Ability to mark an idea list as public or private.
- Dashboard page with users whose ideas you follow.
- Request another user to complete a idea list on a subject.
- Import ideas from text.
- Import an idea into your calendar of choice to work on it.
- Commenting system.
- Follow other idea lists (name for the users).